Info / FAQ
What Sets Myo-Bar Apart from Other Brands?
- Largest Variety of IASTM Instruments worldwide to treat a wide range of Anatomy.
- New Designs based on anatomical scale and the Latest Clinical Approaches, eliminating redundancy.
- No courses or certifications are necessary. We strongly believe that anyone practicing IASTM should have the freedom to evolve the technique without proprietary limitations. IASTM is not only for clinicians, it is for athletes, self-care patients, students, and educators as well.
- Top Quality Material and Craftsmanship. Each Instrument is individually Handcrafted from Solid Surgical Grade 304 Stainless Steel, unlike most which are molded or welded together.
- Each Tool is Transition Finished. Most IASTM instruments have a finished coating or plating, this type of finish will wear off over time and chip. Instead, Myo-Bar tools have a Transition Finish for an all-around extra smooth surface without coating or plating. This type of finish is made from the metal itself, it will last a lifetime.
- Tools are easily sanitized. Some name brand tools have textured cross-hatch gripping which is not easily sanitized from patient to patient. This hatching is not necessary with finger scallops, which allows fine control, easy mobility, and sanitary cleaning.
- Ergonomics and easy to hold instruments. These instruments are comfortable to hold during your practice and the scalloped grips wont let them slide out of your hands.
- Competitively Priced Instruments which saves on your wallet.
- 45-Day Money Back Guarantee for Top Quality Tools, after that your tools will come with a worry-free 7-Year Warranty.
Do you require IASTM Technique Courses to use these Instruments?
Do you require Courses or Certifications to make a Purchase?
Myo-Bar strongly believes that any individual interested in practicing IASTM should have access to High Quality Instruments without having to pay more for courses in order to get overpriced tools. Our tools can be purchased without prerequisites or certifications- enabling Self-Care Patients, Athletes, Massage Therapists, Students, and Educators the freedom to practice IASTM.
Optional IASTM COURSES
We are currently in the process of making an optional IASTM Course.
While we do not have a course just yet, we do offer our 45-Page IASTM Primer free of charge. Our upcoming course will be based on this PDF Primer.
4 Basic Technique Stroke Videos
You can also visit our IASTM Technique Page, on this page we will discuss the IASTM Approach, we also have our 4 Basic Technique Stroke Demo Video, and another link to the IASTM Primer PDF.
Is IASTM right for your practice?
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) is for everyone. It is an “open source” therapy category free from proprietary restrictions of any kind. Professionals and educators can innovate technique, perform research, and teach training separate from any particular brand of instrument.
We have long felt that terminology in manual therapy has been somewhat confusing- this is partly due to vast number of professional groups that practice hands-on technique, and partly due to the fast pace of academic evolution in the study of fascia and various soft tissue phenomena.
Our hope is that practitioners will unite around scientific advances in manual therapy for pain syndromes and sports medicine, and see IASTM as a viable adjunct therapy to potentiate popular approaches already popular in the field.
That said, why is IASTM a good idea for your practice? Plain and simple, you will increase the range of target anatomy you can treat and ultimately improve your outcomes. Smaller lesions, beyond the perceptive capacity of the fingers, are easy to find and treat with appropriate tools. Bigger restrictions deep within muscle fascicles can be accessed with a myofascial bar and treated with little practitioner effort- saving you time and energy and possibly injury.
How do I know which tools are best for me?
After you’ve chosen the scale of tools that are best for your practice the rest is about functionality and style. Click “Choosing Profiles” for more info.
Do you have any special promotions or discounts?
From time to time we run promotions or offer student discounts. Contact us to see if we have a current discount on the tool or set you are interested in.
What resources do you have for technique?
We offer a 45 page Technique Primer PDF with detailed sections on precautions, rationale, clinical tips, conditions treated, and more. Click “Technique” to see more info and videos.
Is Myo-Bar a top-quality brand?
That’s a fair question- the short answer is absolutely, YES! We supervise our own fabrication shop and highly skilled employees here in the Midwest USA. We’ve had the combination of technical know-how from the shop, and clinical expertise from our owner, Matthew Hajzl, DC- who brings fifteen years of soft tissue practice experience to the table.
Since our first small production runs in 2010, we have steadily increased our product offerings and have now sent Myo-Bar instruments to all 50 US States, all Canadian Provinces, and over 35 countries. This success is due solely to the word-of-mouth recommendations of satisfied practitioners. Manufacturing a good IASTM instrument requires sourcing quality stainless steel, and understanding special methods involved in machining and finishing this difficult material. Besides, making the most functional and ergonomic designs- we guarantee an ultra smooth finish, bright polish, and transition blending around all profile curves- so there are no “rough” or “sharp” spots. We back up quality assurance with a 45 day return/exchange policy and a 7 year warranty on the tools.
Can I purchase just one tool or make my own set?
Yes. You can shop our popular sets, put together your own, or purchase that perfect single tool for your needs. Click “Tools & Sets” to see more photos and videos of our instruments.
Is it difficult or expensive to ship internationally?
We’ve shipped many orders to over 35 countries including England, Australia, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, France, Italy, Greece, Russia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, and many more.
Orders ship USPS Priority Mail International. We offer discounted SHIPPING for international customers- anywhere in the world for a flat rate of only $20US (we do this to offset the extra expense you may have to pay for customs) and often times we offer promotions on sets and tools with Free international shipping.
Average delivery time is 10-14 business days. We recommend that you inform your local mail carrier 10 days after your purchase that you will be expecting an international package from the US.
How much will you pay? You will have to contact your countries customs office, but in actuality it is often about 10-15% of your purchase price. Please keep in mind that ALL imported products have this cost embedded into the final price- it is just the nature of a global marketplace.
Arrival time for our shipments are about two weeks, 95% of time. Tracking and delivery confirmation has improved drastically over the past few years, so you have very little to worry about in terms of your package arriving safely. Your purchase is insured both by the USPS and often by your payment gateway. We’ve shipped hundreds of international packages with no problems during the past five years.
Do you accept purchase orders from hospitals or educational institutions?
Yes. If you represent a college, hospital, or professional athletic team you need to request a quote from us. Then have that sent to your accounting department where they will generate a Purchase Order. When that is approved we will process your order. For more information view our Institutional Orders Page.